Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

2013-2014 Outstanding Sophomore Sends Appreciation



Sophomore Mallory Placek was awarded the Rosenlof and McKenzie Outstanding Sophomore Scholarship during the new member initiation last April.  After receiving her award, Mallory wanted to send her thanks to all of the Mortar Board Alumni who made this scholarship possible.  



Dear Alumni,

Thank you for your generous donations that help fund the Mortar Board Outstanding Sophomore Scholarship that I received this last spring.  I was humbled to receive such an honorable scholarship.  Thank you for all of your encouragement and support that you give to the students of UNK. 

This upcoming fall I will be a junior at UNK studying both Spanish and Organizational and Relational Communications.  I will be participating in the Peru Study Abroad trip this spring to further my Spanish major and enhance my Spanish speaking and listening skills, as well as experience an entirely new culture.  I am excited to spread my wings and be pushed outside of my comfort level.  I know that Peru will offer me new and sensational opportunities that I will never forget. 

Again, thank you for supporting me.

With appreciation,
Mallory Placek

No comments:

Post a Comment